Many young people about to enter the job market don’t have the real-world skills and knowledge they’ll need to succeed. That’s why HP Inc is partnering with JA to provide training/teaching to under-privileged students in “life skills” topics as part of their Social Impact program. Through training and teaching, volunteers can pass on their wealth of knowledge and experience to help students get a good start.
What is the volunteer opportunity?
- Volunteers who can commit time to teach the selected students over zoom (now) and face-to-face (when lock-down is lifted)
- Content will be provided by either JA or HPI. Broadly, the topics covered will range from entrepreneurship, work readiness and financial literacy
- Sign up can be for a selected module or for a selected period. But must commit once signed up, otherwise the classes cannot be conducted
- JA and HPI will provide briefing / training on what to do, what to expected etc
- JA and HPI facilitators will also be present during the classes
- Future opportunities – content development, new initiatives etc
How to participate as a Volunteer, if interested?
Please click on this link https://forms.gle/rCTJC864nTUAS6AHA, to register your interest.
More information such as timing details, will be shared after we have completed the registration on behalf of members with HPI.
About JA (Junior Achievement)
Founded in the U.S.A. in 1919. One of world’s largest not-for-profit organization educating students on entrepreneurship, work readiness, financial literacy.
From kindergarten to 12th Grade (ITE/ Poly / JC / Poly) level. Hands-on activity-based education programs. Taught by volunteers from the business world to bring real life work experience. Offers courses free-of-charge; accessible by all students. 100% supported by sponsorship.
Its core purpose is to inspire, prepare & empower the youths to succeed in a global economy. Today, 124 individual area operations reach 4 million students in the United States, with an additional 5.8 million students served by operations in 119 other countries worldwide. JA Singapore has partnered HPI Singapore since 2013. For more information, visit www.jaworldwide.org.