1) Hormat Senjata!!!
2) God Bless his soul. May Mr Lee Kuan Yew rest in a better place.
3) Well said….
4) Dear Jok Kwang , My family and I am saddened by his passing . I am sure he is happy in heaven with his wife . He is a great man who is respected Worldwide and second to none . The best of best. God bless him.
5) Indeed, a remarkable man who Left a BIG footprint in our history and a Blissful Future for our children. As I cycled thru the various waterways, I remembered this man who was resolved to clean Singapore river in Ten years. He did and beyond , all major rivers became a reservoir. A toe print of a big FOOT print.. Good bye to a Jolly Good Fellow…
6) Hi Jok Kwang Indeed. Thanks for sharing your thought. I am in Singapore and became a Singaporean because of Mr. Lee.
7) Dear Jok Kwang, Well said… If it was not for him, my family would be a roaming bunch of gypsies looking for a home. When we got our first HDB flat, it was like a mansion to us. Something we call our own. The Great Man – ensured that all of us got a piece of this so called rock and made it our own. As i was driving to work this morning, i told my wife, its just hard to imagine a Singapore without the Great Man. Many say you can’t change destiny – when its time for us to bid farewell, we will have to go. But it is how we go that matters. He made a mark not only in our hearts, but he won the respect from the rest of the world for being truly a remarkable leader. He was the man who never allowed anyone else in the world to bully us just because we were a little island on the map. Rest in peace, rest in peace…. Guardian of our country…
8) A very well written piece – thanks Jok Kwang.
9) Thank you for sharing this. Very sad to hear of his passing, but he will be remembered by many. We all could be proud to have LKY as our first PM. He is my hero!
10) It’s indeed a sad day for Singapore and for Karen and me. I will remember Mr Lee Kuan Yew respectfully, with admiration, gratefully and fondly for the many sacrifices and good things he stands for and done for Singapore. A inspiration for me as a leader, husband and a father. My family and I have been blessed living in Singapore since 1990 and we became citizens a few years ago. I will mourn for him and pray for Mr Lee’s family and our prime minister, Mr Lee Hsien Loong, as he continues to lead the nation. And in my own capacity, God willing, to contribute to the nation of Singapore.
11) JK Beautifully written as always and true to all our sentiments. Perhaps it can be loaded to our HPA or your Facebook page for ease of sharing?
12) Hi Jok Kwang Agree with your that Mr Lee is a titan and brought Spore to the world stage! With his team of hardworking comrades, we would not have attained so much in 50 years.
13) Jok Kwang Excellent reflection. We owe the great man too much. For once, I felt the lost of a great leader, He deserves the rest but would have been better if this is Sept.
14) I cried this morning and still morning.
15) Hear, hear.
16) well said Jok Kwang. We owe all we have to this great man and can’t thank him enough for what he has done for Singapore. RIP LKY !
17) Dear Jok Kwang, LKY was God’s gift to Singapore. We mourn his passing but we have a future precisely because he made sure capable men (and women) were developed at all levels to ensure that Singapore remains viable and vibrant. We can celebrate his life and his legacy. We can tell his story to our children to ensure that the lessons of history are not forgotten. We can build on his legacy.
18) Believe me, I am just as saddened as most Singaporeans. Your endearing msg made me cry again. All Singaporeans ought to be thankful and grateful for Snr Lee’s contributions to what Spore is today. Expressed this appreciation before. Younger breeds of Singaporeans may not comprehend him enough. That’s why History must be a core education. History shapes many things.
How long will his body lay instate? I foresee world leaders current & former would come to pay their respects for the world lass leader cum statesman.
19) United with you and all HP alumni in honoring a great leader -unsurpassed in his vision, determination and passion for building a successful singapore. RIP Mr Lee. We only hope he realised how revered and respected he is and How grateful we all are to him.
20) RIP LKY. We are so grateful and fortunate to have a brilliant, passionate and selfless visionary who dedicated his life to bring his people and nation to the first world country that’s is the envy of many, way beyond the little red dot. We will be sad but also rejoice in celebrating our glorious time with him while being able to enjoy the fruit of the extraordinary achievement we create with his leadership. He left a wonderful legacy of values, character, leadership of systems and people willing and able to bring us to greater heights! Thank you LKY.
21) A nice and great tribute to someone who has done so much for Singapore…
22) Very touching Jok.
I think you are right there will never be another that fills his shoes.
I hope above all, that Singaporean people take stock and realise what they have achieved as a nation under the watchful eye and steadfast hand of Mr Lee, a man that demonstrated an undying love for his country and countrymen and woman. The legacy (institution and governance) that he leaves you all is a national treasure in itself.
Mr Lee was one the great Titans of the 20th century. I want to think he has found his way back to his beloveds side. I hope! That is the case for both of them. They were role models and such dignified and wonderful examples for everyone in Singapore both national and foreign like me.
God bless Singapore.
23) Thank you, Jok Kwang, for sharing this. There will indeed never be another LKY.
Links to eulogies by family members at Mandai Crematorium
- Eulogy by Mr Li Hongyi (PM’s son) at Cremation Service of the Late Mr Lee Kuan Yew http://www.pmo.gov.sg/
mediacentre/eulogy-mr-li- hongyi-cremation-service-late- mr-lee-kuan-yew
- Eulogy by Mr Li Shengwu (Hsien Yang’s son) at Cremation Service of the Late Mr Lee Kuan Yew http://www.pmo.gov.sg/
mediacentre/eulogy-mr-li- shengwu-cremation-service- late-mr-lee-kuan-yew
- Eulogy by Mr Lee Hsien Yang at Cremation Service of the Late Mr Lee Kuan Yew http://www.pmo.gov.sg/
mediacentre/eulogy-mr-lee- hsien-yang-cremation-service- late-mr-lee-kuan-yew
- Excerpt of Eulogy by Dr Lee Wei Ling at Cremation Service of the Late Mr Lee Kuan Yew http://www.pmo.gov.sg/
mediacentre/excerpt-eulogy-dr- lee-wei-ling-cremation- service-late-mr-lee-kuan-yew
- Eulogy by Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong at Cremation Service of the Late Mr Lee Kuan Yew http://www.pmo.gov.sg/
mediacentre/eulogy-prime- minister-lee-hsien-loong- cremation-service-late-mr-lee- kuan-yew